If you know your home has weeping windows, you're definitely not alone.
Thankfully, fixing window condensation can be as simple as improving the ventilation in your home.
The cause of surface condensation is where moisture from the air comes into contact with a cooler surface.
Dripping condensation and excessive moisture can result in a number of issues for your home and your family's health:
- Left uncontrolled, window condensation can cause mould and mildew that damages curtains, clothing and bedding.
- Cold and damp homes exacerbate asthma and are more likely to contain mould spores.
- Mould spores are dangerous to you and your family's health and are an equally dangerous trigger of asthma.
- Wooden window frames can warp and become difficult to operate.
- In severe cases, condensation also causes paint to peel.
Fresh VHC recommends and installs HRV whole home ventilation systems to control window condensation because:
- HRV whole home ventilation systems are an efficient and effective way of controlling window condensation.
- Positive pressure ventilation acts to expel damp and moisture from your home.
- HRV whole home ventilation systems have up to 51% more air flow than other ventilation systems when comparing a HRV unit with six diffusers against a competing product with six diffusers.
- HRV Next Generation Core Ventilation Unit (PDF Download).
- CLICK HERE to see a video which explains the operation of the HRV Next Generation Core Ventilation Unit.
Share this page on Facebook: