The average Australian home rooftop of 150 m² collects the equivalent of 220,000 kWh per year of free solar energy. This is more than 20 times the home's total energy requirements.
Heating a Cold, Damp Home
A warm and dry home is much easier to heat and will heat up much faster than a cold, damp home.
Fresh VHC recommends and installs HRV whole home ventilation systems to heat cold, damp homes because:
- The HRV whole home ventilation system is very simple. It harnesses free solar energy and circulates the warm air throughout your home.
- With a 10°C difference in temperature between your roof and your home, a HRV whole home ventilation system will provide the equivalent heat of a 1200 W heater in every room for the cost of running a light bulb.
- Running a standard size HRV whole home ventilation system all year round costs less than $5 per month. In contrast, running a traditional heater or reverse cycle air conditioner to increase or decrease the temperature by the same amount can cost significantly more.
- While a HRV whole home ventilation system may not provide all of your home's heating requirements, it will raise the ambient temperature of your home throughout most autumn, winter and spring days, and will lower the relative humidity in your home.
- The graph was recorded in Melbourne and illustrates a 7 - 8°C increase in ambient temperature.
HRV Proprietary Diffusers
The diffusers of a HRV whole home ventilation system are significantly different to those used by competing ventilation systems:
- Exclusive and proprietary draught reducing diffusers.
- Moving air over the thermal mass of your home is essential for proper ventilation and effective heating and cooling. Competing ventilation systems use 'cone' shaped diffusers to blow air downwards, resulting in draughts, hot and cold patches, and air that quickly dissipates when the ventilation system is no longer running.
- HRV's patented design is specially shaped to push air along the ceiling and down the walls for maximum reach in every corner of every room in your home.
HRV Heat Transfer Accessory
An ingenious addition to the HRV whole home ventilation system that balances the temperature in your home by evenly distributing energy from a heat source, such as a fireplace or heater, throughout your whole home.
Rooms that get more sun or have a heat source are generally warmer than those without. With a HRV Heat Transfer Accessory however, you can ensure every room in your home is as warm and cosy as your sunlit lounge.
- HRV Next Generation Core Ventilation Unit (PDF Download).
- CLICK HERE to see a video which explains the operation of the HRV Next Generation Core Ventilation Unit.
- HRV Heat Transfer Accessory (PDF Download).
- CLICK HERE to see a video which explains the operation of the HRV Heat Transfer Accessory.
Bowral Heating Results
Share this page on Facebook: